Update added by user Feb 17, 2015
John Elway Chevrolet has written a letter indicating that if my car suffers and engine problem during its Hyundai warranty period and Hyundai does not cover. John Elway Chevrolet will cover the engine at their expense.
I in turn must have all my oils changes performed at an authorized Hyundai dealer.
I must also indicate my satisfaction on this and other review sites.
Original review posted by user Feb 10, 2015
"Incorrectly installed and crushed oil filter"
John Elway Chevrolet Service performed a pre delivery oil and filter change November 2014. I had my next oil and filter change Jan 29th 2015 at a Hyundai dealer they brought me the crushed half of the centre hole was blocked. The Hyundai dealer indicated on my Invoice that the oil flow was not at normal levels, I sent photographs and the Invoice to Chris Cleavenger Jan 29th.I phone Chris on the 30th Jan to see his thoughts, he asked if he could contact me Feb 2nd as he must speak with the GM Josh Letsis.I waited for a phone call none came so I phoned Chris ,he asked if he can phone me Feb 3rd no call happened. I phoned him Feb 6th I spoke with Chris and Josh. They asked if they could phone me Feb 7th which they did but needed to speak with someone else so can they phone me Feb 9th. I have a Hyundai warranty on the car, I asked that John Elway Chevrolet Service provide a letter stating that if I had an engine problem related to the crushed Oil filter that John Elway Service would pay for the repair ( I of course would guarantee that all my Services would be done on time at my cost at a Hyundai Dealer). John Elway Chevrolet told me that they would not do this. But they would buy my car back and they would keep the dealer fees and sales tax etc. I don't believe I should lose money, I never asked for money from John Elway Chevrolet just some assurance that the Incorrect work they had done does not affect the life my engine during the warranty period as Hyundai Dealer has recorded the incorrectly fitted and crushed filter in my records. If I could post photographs and my Invoice on the review I would
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- John Elway Chevrolet to write a letter that in case my engine suffers damage caused by the Incorrectly fitted and crushed oil filter they would cover the repair costs.I of course would guarrantee that the car was serviced on time at my cost at a Hyundai
- Product or service
- John Elway Chevrolet Oil And Filter Change
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "My father went in one day to get his truck's tires aligned and the truck was dropped. Not only were there external damages, but also internal. They had promised him..."
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "I had 4 new tires installed on my Acura MDX Sport at Tire Kingdom in Lake Park, FL. My vehicle is only 2 years old and has a special..."
- "I have had several cars painted by MAACO over the years and was happy with the work that they had done. About three years ago I took a 1936..."
- "We bought a $70 stoller from the website. We never used it and decided to return it to the store. They wouldn't let us return the brand new..."
- "While most reviews are negative in nature, my review of UnbeatableSale.com is completely positive because I am amazed with thier customer service. After ordering one of their products from Walmart.com..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."