John Elway Chevrolet - Incorrectly fitted and crushed Oil filter
Update added by user Feb 17, 2015
John Elway Chevrolet has written a letter indicating that if my car suffers and engine problem during its Hyundai warranty period and Hyundai does not cover. John Elway Chevrolet will cover the engine at their expense.
I in turn must have all my oils changes performed at an authorized Hyundai dealer.
I must also indicate my satisfaction on this and other review sites.
Original review posted by user Feb 10, 2015
"Incorrectly installed and crushed oil filter"
John Elway Chevrolet Service performed a pre delivery oil and filter change November 2014. I had my next oil and filter change Jan 29th 2015 at a Hyundai dealer they brought me the crushed half of the centre hole was blocked. The Hyundai dealer indicated on my Invoice that the oil flow was not at normal levels, I sent photographs and the Invoice to Chris Cleavenger Jan 29th.I phone Chris on the 30th Jan to see his thoughts, he asked if he could contact me Feb 2nd as he must speak with the GM Josh Letsis.I waited for a phone call none came so I phoned Chris ,he asked if he can phone me Feb 3rd no call happened. I phoned him Feb 6th I spoke with Chris and Josh. They asked if they could phone me Feb 7th which they did but needed to speak with someone else so can they phone me Feb 9th. I have a Hyundai warranty on the car, I asked that John Elway Chevrolet Service provide a letter stating that if I had an engine problem related to the crushed Oil filter that John Elway Service would pay for the repair ( I of course would guarantee that all my Services would be done on time at my cost at a Hyundai Dealer). John Elway Chevrolet told me that they would not do this. But they would buy my car back and they would keep the dealer fees and sales tax etc. I don't believe I should lose money, I never asked for money from John Elway Chevrolet just some assurance that the Incorrect work they had done does not affect the life my engine during the warranty period as Hyundai Dealer has recorded the incorrectly fitted and crushed filter in my records. If I could post photographs and my Invoice on the review I would
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- John Elway Chevrolet to write a letter that in case my engine suffers damage caused by the Incorrectly fitted and crushed oil filter they would cover the repair costs.I of course would guarrantee that the car was serviced on time at my cost at a Hyundai
- Product or service
- John Elway Chevrolet Oil And Filter Change
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Had a pick-up truck's windshield repaired by them only to find out they use an answering service for calls, no manager/supervisor, no complaint department, and their techs SUCK!!! They left goo..."
- "First thing if your ever end up taking your car there, make sure u take it to another place to double check their work. Took the car to replace the clutch..."
- "We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler..."
- "black mold is growing in our beautiful bragada mattress apparently because human body heat against A BIG SPONGE and a cold surface will form condensation (3rd grade science) and therefore..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "I have had several cars painted by MAACO over the years and was happy with the work that they had done. About three years ago I took a 1936..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."